The Neve is a lightweight aluminium 10 point crampon for use on easy angled snow and ice where a steel crampon would be overkill. They are perfect for ski touring and glacier travel and for short snow/ice sections found on alpine rock routes.
The Neve Pro is designed to be used with rigid boots that have a boot sole lip front and back. They work especially well with ski, ski touring and plastic mountaineering boots.
The Neve Strap is designed for use on softer footwear such as hiking/trekking boots and approach/running shoes, although the strap design means they will fit on rigid footwear too.
These crampons have decent front points for steeper ground but will wear very quickly if used on rock and need regular sharpening. The crampons weigh 576g per pair (Strap version) and 610g per pair (Pro version). The anti ball plates are included with both Strap and Pro as standard.
Easy no tool adjustment for crampon size with micro adjustment on the rear lever.
Black Diamond Neve Crampon Features:
- Lightweight, aluminium crampons with spring steel center bar
- New highly formed front and rear rails
- The Pro version features aluminium wire bails for rigid ski and climbing boots
- The Strap version features flexible plastic bails and nylon straps for less rigid footwear without heel and toe bails
- Includes dual-density ABS anti balling plates
- 576g (Strap) / 610g (Pro)
- One size fits 36-46