Stretching 2000km (1200 miles) from the Atlantic port of Agadir east to Tunisia the Atlas form one of the world’s great trekking ranges. The High Atlas region in central Morocco is the most dramatic and beautiful section of the entire range. Towering peaks, deep gorges and huddled Berber villages enchant all who visit.
* 66 detailed trekking maps – showing route times, places to stay and points of interest. The best treks in: Toubkal, Sirwa, Saghro, M’goun
* Practical information – planning your trip and getting to Morocco from Europe, North America and Australasia
* Cultural and historical background – customs, religion, art, cuisine
* Town guides and 15 town plans – Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Imlil, Azilal, Bou Taghrar & Tamalout, Taliwine, Iknioun, Nkoub, Qalaa’t Mgouna, Souk el Had & Imelghas, Telouat and Boumalne du Dades showing street plans, where to stay, where to eat, what to see and how to get to the start of your trek
* Green hiking and mountain safety – how to stay healthy on your trek and minimise your impact on a fragile region
* Language sections – Arabic, Berber and French
* Atlas flora and fauna – with an illustrated bird identification section